TypeGallery Submission Guidelines
Digital files and mounted artwork must be received by Friday, August 7th, 2015
- Typefaces must have been created, published, or significantly updated between August 2014 and July 2015.
- You may submit either a traditional type specimen or a typographic design showcasing your typeface in use.
- Artwork may be in color and/or black and white.
- Maximum artwork size is 11" x 17" or A3.
- Each submission must be mounted flush on an 11" x 17" or A3 piece of white foamcore board. You must send two (2) mounted copies of each submission.
- Digital files must also be provided for each submission. Supply unlocked 300 DPI press-ready PDF files. Files must be Macintosh compatible and scaleable. Convert all fonts to paths in illustration/page layout programs and embed all fonts in PDFs. Proof your digital files and prints carefully before submitting.
- Limit of five (5) typeface submissions from a single designer or foundry.
- There is a fee of $20 USD per submission to help cover costs.
- Fees are waived for SOTA members, TypeCon2015 attendees, speakers, and sponsors.
- Pay securely online using a credit card or electronic funds transfer.
- To pay by check, money order (in US funds drawn on US banks only), make payable to SOTA and mail to:
The Society of Typographic Aficionados
PO Box 457
Jefferson, GA 30549
Please enclose a copy of your submission form(s) with payment.
How To Submit
- Download both the PDF and Text submission forms.
- Fill out the PDF form (use one form per submission) and attach a copy to the back of your mounted artwork.
- Fill out the Text form and send this information with your digital files.
- Email your digital files to
- Attachment size must not exceed 20MB per email. Please supply download URLs for larger files.
- Make sure submissions are well packaged to prevent damage.
- Write “TypeCon2015/TypeGallery” somewhere on your package.
- Ship mounted submissions via UPS, FedEx, or other courier to:
TypeCon2015/TypeGallery c/o MATTER
2134 Market Street
Denver, CO 80205
If you have any questions,