TypeGallery Submission Guidelines
Digital files and mounted artwork must be received by July 24th, 2014
- Typefaces must have been created, published, or significantly updated between August 2013 and July 2014.
- You may submit either a traditional type specimen or a typographic design showcasing your typeface in use.
- Artwork may be in color and/or black and white.
- Maximum artwork size is 11" x 17" or A3.
- Each submission must be mounted flush on an 11" x 17" or A3 piece of white foamcore board. You must send two (2) mounted copies of each submission.
- Digital files must also be provided for each submission. Supply unlocked 300 DPI press-ready PDF files. Files must be Mac-compatible and scaleable. Convert all fonts to paths in your illustration or page layout program and embed all fonts in PDFs. Proof your digital files and final prints carefully before submitting.
- Limit of five (5) typeface submissions from a single designer or foundry.
- There is a fee of $20USD per submission to help cover costs.
- Fees are waived for SOTA members, TypeCon attendees, speakers, and sponsors.
- Pay securely online using a credit card or electronic funds transfer.
- To pay by check, money order (in US funds drawn on US banks only), make payable to SOTA and mail to:
The Society of Typographic Aficionados
PO Box 457
Jefferson, GA 30549
Please enclose a copy of your submission form(s) with payment.
How To Submit
- Download both the PDF and Text submission forms.
- Fill out the PDF form (use one form per submission) and attach a copy to the back of your mounted artwork.
- Fill out the Text form and send this information with your digital files.
- Email your digital files to
- Attachment size must not exceed 20MB per email. Please supply download URLs for larger files.
- Make sure submissions are well packaged to prevent damage.
- Write “TypeCon2014/TypeGallery” somewhere on your package.
- Ship mounted submissions via UPS, FedEx, or other courier to:
528 F. Street Terrace SE
Washington, DC 20003
If you have any questions,